Olympic games were scheduled to be held in Tokyo, Japan in 2020. However, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the games were postponed. These games are now beginning on 23 July 2021 and will end on 8 August 2021.
These games will be played without spectators and can only be viewed through live streaming or television sets. Different games include football, basketball, gymnastics, swimming, athletics, badminton, baseball, volleyball, boxing, cycling, hockey, tennis, and wrestling.
The official website of Tokyo Olympics is https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/en
The Tokyo 2020 opening ceremony started at 8 p.m. local time in Japan, The viewers in Pakistan should note that the regional time setting of Japan is GMT+9 and Pakistan is GMT+5. So, all the events will be 4 hours ahead.
Pakistani viewers can watch the games on PTV Sports and Ten Sports.
Complete football schedule is here:
This is complete hockey schedule:
This is swimming schedule:
This is wrestling schedule:
And this is the main page containing schedules of all games:
Pakistan’s premier weightlifter Talha Talib participated in Weightlifting Men’s 67 Kg Group A event on July 25, 2021. Talha pulled off his career-best in both snatch and clean and jerk to finish overall fifth in an interesting competition. Talha lifted 150 in snatch and 170 in clean and jerk and finished with a total of 320.
China’s Chen Lijun got the gold medal with an amazing total of 332kg (145kg in snatch and 187kg in clean and jerk) which is also the Olympic record. Mosquera Lozano of Columbia won silver with a total of 331kg (151 in snatch and 180 in clean and jerk). Italy’s Zanni Mirko got bronze with a total of 322 (145 in snatch and 177 in clean and jerk). Korea’s Han Myeong Ok finished fourth with 321 (147 in snatch and 174 in clean and jerk). Complete results can be viewed here:
A total of 10 Pakistani players participated in Tokyo 2020 Olympics. Their names and corresponding games are as follows:
- Mahoor Shahzad (Badminton) (Lost both matches in Group L)
- Talha Talib (Weightlifting – Men’s 67kg) (Secured fifth overall position)
- Bisma Khan (Swimming – Women’s 50m freestyle) (Secured 7th position)
- Arshad Nadeem (Athletics – Men’s javelin throw) (Secured 5th position in the Medal Round)
- Shah Hussain Shah (Judo – Men’s 100kg) (Lost to Ramadan Darwish of Egypt)
- Khalil Akhtar (Shooting – Men’s 25m rapid fire pistol) (secured 15th position in stage 2)
- Haseeb Tariq (Swimming – Men’s 100m freestyle) (Secured sixth overall position)
- Gulfam Joseph (Shooting – Men’s 10m air pistol) (Secured ninth overall position)
- Najma Parveen (Athletics – Women’s 200m) (Secured 7th overall position)
- Ghulam Mustafa Bashir (Shooting) (Secured 10th position in stage 2)
The complete schedule of matches featuring Pakistani players is available here:
The complete portfolio of Pakistani players is available here:
Tokyo 2020 Olympics ended on August 8, 2020. The next Olympics will be held in Paris, France in 2024.