If you want to build your career in Education and Research in Pakistan, then employers may also evaluate the number of publications with your name. You can send your research manuscripts for publication to any journal. However, as a Pakistani citizen, you should also consider the credibility and relevance of your journal.
This is a crucial factor because if your manuscript is published in a journal, which is not recognized by The Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan, your efforts will be wasted. Moreover, if your manuscript is published in one journal, the editorial team of another journal may not allow publishing the same content in their journal. Therefore, you must know about the list of journals that are recognized by HEC.
If you visit the HEC website, you will find the ‘R & D’ tab on the main page. Under this tab, there is an option of ‘HEC Recognized Journals’:
Journals and Publications Policy is available at this link:
The key points of this policy are as follows:
- The journal must have clearly defined aims, objectives and scope of publication.
- The Journal must have an ISSN no., title and URL (verified from International ISSN register).
- The journal must be owned and published by a registered entity.
- The journals fulfilling the following criteria will be recognized:
- International: All journals listed in Scopus and/or Web of Science, except with effect from January 1, 2021, those that have been dropped or placed in a black list by Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) or the Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC), or where there is evidence to suggest that the journal does not meet the minimal codal formalities.
- National: All journals listed in Scopus and/or Web of Science or processed through HEC committee, except with effect from January 1, 2021, those that have been dropped or placed in a black list by DOAJ or ABDC, or where the journal fails to provide evidence that it meets the minimal codal formalities, or where HEC determines that the journal violates any of the DOAJ criteria.