When you register on a website, institution, or forum, you are also asked to upload your profile photo. Most of the time, the websites also put restrictions on the image size so that the photos do not consume a large space on the hosting service.
Adobe Photoshop is an excellent software for reducing the image size. In this blog post, I will tell you the steps to compress a picture and reduce its KB/MB size by using Adobe Photoshop.
- Open Adobe Photoshop
- File -> Open…
- Select the image file with the large size and click Open
- Select View -> 100% to zoom the image to 100%
- Select Image -> Image Size…
- Select Pixels for the units of Width and Height
- Change the Width to 1920 Pixels. Height will also change accordingly and leave it as is.
- Click OK
- Select File -> Export -> Save for Web (Legacy)
- In the file format, select JPEG
- In Preset:, select JPEG Medium
- Change the value in Image Quality. First, start with 100 and view the file size displayed at the bottom left of the dialog box. When you decrease the quality value, the file size will also decrease. So, adjust the quality to your required file size. You will also observe that the value in Preset: will change accordingly
- Click Save…
- Type the filename and click Save
If you want to see a video of these steps, you can view the video tutorial here: