VLC media player is a free and open-source, portable, cross-platform media player software and streaming media server developed by the VideoLAN project. People usually use VLC for viewing videos, but the software also has great features and tools, including the option of extracting a portion of the video. Below, I have mentioned the steps of cutting a video through VLC Player.
- Open the full video in VLC Player
- Click View -> Advanced Controls
- A toolbar will then appear above the play button showing the option of Record
- Click the Record button to start cutting the video. Record button will appear pressed
- Click Record again when you want to end cutting the portion of the video
- The extracted video will be saved in the default location of the Videos library
You can also view the visual demonstration of the buttons here: