Google AdSense is a free-of-charge way to earn money by displaying ads next to your online content. Once your account is approved by Google, you can start displaying ads on your website. You can also check Estimated earnings and Balance in the Reports section of your account.
When your Balance reaches the minimum payment threshold, you will want to release payment to your bank accounts or digital wallets. However, you’ll need to verify your identity to receive payments from Google AdSense. To complete this verification, you’ll need to provide additional information, along with an image of your current government-issued photo ID. The information you enter must exactly match the information on the government-issued photo ID.
When I needed to verify my identity for Google Adsense, there was a message from Google Payments, and below are the tips written in that message:
- Capture the entire document including all four corners.
- Your image must be readable, in focus, and free of reflections and glare.
- Incomplete or obstructed documents or dark or blurry photos won’t be accepted.
- To prevent abuse, we allow a limited number of verification attempts.
- Uploading documents or photos other than what is requested may result in account suspension.
To verify your identity, proceed as follows:
- In the Google Adsense dashboard, select Payments -> Payments info
- Click Verify now
- I live in Pakistan, and in my case, Google showed that the following IDs are acceptable:
- Driver’s license
- National identity card
- Click Begin verification
- Enter Legal name and Select ID Type such as National Identity Card
- Then upload images for Front of ID and Back of ID
- Click Next
- Enter your address including street address, city, and postal code
- Click Submit
- You will receive the message, ‘Verification successful. You’re all set. Check the email that we sent to you for more details.’
- You will also receive an email from Google Payments that Your identity has been verified. Please sign in to your Google Adsense account and set up a primary payment method if you haven’t done so already.
- As a next step, you will be asked to verify your billing address. There will be a message that we mailed you a PIN and verify the address by entering the PIN.
- If you did not receive your PIN by email, then after three weeks, there will be a message, “We understand that your PIN can fail to reach you, If that is the case, you can request a replacement PIN.” Click Payments -> Verification check -> Resend PIN
- When you finally receive your pin, go to Payments -> Verification check, enter the 6-digit verification PIN and click Submit
- Your address verification will now be shown as Completed
Now, under Verification check, you will see:
- Identity Verification (Completed)
- Address Verification (Completed)